Sunday, November 7, 2010

You can't always get what you want

"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need"
--Rolling Stones

It is so common to plan out your life and have all the steps in order to reach your goal with no purpose. My life is full of steps that I want to take, but they typically lead to failure.I initially thought I was going to be a occupational therapist, but after 1 1/2 years of school God decided to lead me to Union. I'm still not sure to this day how I got here, but when I look back I see it was the right thing for my life. I also thought I would be married by the age 20. I had everything planned and ready to start the life I thought I wanted. However, God threw me for a loop when I was dumped. So what have I learned? "That you cant always get what you want".

I thought that what I had planned was going to lead me to the most fulfilling life I could ask for, but boy was I wrong. God knew what He was doing when He sent me to Union. I met many great friends and the Lord opened many doors that lead me to ministry opportunities. I couldn't imagine my life without Union and the things I learned going there. Next, I thank the Lord all the time for delivering me from the relationship that I was in. I am now blessed to be in a relationship that is actually encouraging. It is so nice to know that I can lean on Ashton and that he will be the spiritual leader in my life. He uplifts me constantly and is overflowing in compliments. I'm convinced that I have never experienced real love until I met Ashton. Our love is so uncommon because it is selfless. I have learned what it's like to look out for the interest of others and not myself anymore.

My life is so much more amazing then what I ever had planned for it. How stupid for me to take a infinite God and try to fit him into my finite plans. I am so thankful that God didn't listen to me and instead kept pushing me to seek something more. Therefore, sometimes it's good that you don't get what you want because the majority of the time God has more in store than you can even imagine.

Thank you my sweet, sweet Jesus for directing my foot steps.

"In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps." Proverbs 16:9

1 comment: